This was a sad but also really awesome week. It was just sad cause Elder Sultan left to Chivicoy, but everything was cool. on Tuesday Elder Ruiz and I got to work and we had a great week full of stuff to do until we hit Friday and then we had a mission council and we talked about a ton of random stuff but mostly about how we were going to baptize in April. Near the end of the meeting president told us that in February we didn’t actually baptize 99 people. There was a miss count, the office elders messed a bunch of stuff up and we actually ended up baptizing 139 people!!!!! That is something that the mission hasn’t seen in a super super super long time! In the month of February we baptized more than any mission in Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and in all of Argentina!!!!!!! We all just lost our minds about all that. The mission is crazy right now! Its crazy to think that about 8 month ago our mission was only baptizing 30 to 40 people each month. And every since then the mission has exploded! The thing that I have learned the most from President Resek, if anything, is the power of goals. There is just so much doctrine you can tie to the concept of goals. I’m soooo grateful for the mission. It just keeps teaching me so much stuff. Saturday Liliana got baptized and it looks like we could have a miracle baptism this Saturday. I love y’all have a great week!!Elder Maller
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Highlights from Elder Maller's recorded message:
- We have an investigator who we have been working with that finished her baptismal interview and is planning on being baptized this Friday, so we are really excited for that.
- We were able to have a bunch of people come to church on Sunday, which was really great to see.
- Transfers are this week and Elder Sultan is getting transferred and I am staying in the area and my new companion will be Elder Ruiz. I'm sad to see Elder Sultan go, but Elder Ruiz is a great missionary and I am excited to be with Elder Ruiz. We were in the MTC together so we know each other really well.
- Everything is going great here in the mission, love you all, Elder Maller
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
This week was pretty normal except for Tuesday cause on Tuesday we had the big party as a mission! It was super fun we played a ton of soccer, I got to hang out with a bunch of buds from the mish and the biggest surprise of the day was that while we were eating lunch President Resek pulls out a TV and he hooks us up with Kungfu Panda 3. It was super weird watching a movie for the first time in 16 months. Our homework was to find some symbolism about the movie and apply it to the mission or missionary work haha. Right after that we found out that that was our pday. On Friday we did divisions with Elder Reyes and with Elder Dosdall. Elder Dosdall and I were comps in the ccm so we had a good reunion as we were comps for a day. We got a lot of good work done together so it was a great time. I hope all is going good back home and I love seeing all the photos and updates from you guys. Have a great week!!!
Monday, February 26, 2018
Highlights from the weekly recorded podcast:
- Everything is going great in the mission. We almost reached our mission goal of 100 baptisms in the month of February. I think we will have 93 baptisms in total. I think in March we will reach 100 baptisms.
- This week went by fast. We had interviews with President and did divisions with missionaries from another district.
- We had to take a train for 2 hours to get to the other district. When we were coming home we missed the last train so we spent the night with the Elders in their district and caught the first train in the morning.
- Everything is going really good in the mission, everyone is working hard to meet their goals.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Today was a big week for me and Elder Sultan. We had 3 divisions 2 baptisms and the zone came out big this week. I can’t remember if I mentioned last week but rumor has it that if we break 100 baptisms in this month president will throw us some missionary party in Ramos so we did pretty good this week but it’s looking like we might fall short by just a little :( other than that Elder Sultan and I did divisions with the AP’s, it was just a bit of a party. In the night we had the most hype ward family home evening I have ever been to. I would have never thought that the Argentines would love the game telephone so much. It was sweet though cause the next day was pday and we just played some futbol together. On Saturday we had some baptisms of the cutest Bolivian girls I have ever met. They are awesome. Right now we are working with the mom, so she has potential for march.
Through the week I learned so much about the gospel. I mean right before this we all ate lunch at the patriarch Herreras house and we had some great gospel discussions, it just has been a constant reminder to me though out this week that the gospel is 100% true; its got it all, its perfect there isn’t anything comparable to the way the spirit has been able to testify to me of all these truths that this gospel has. I hope you guys all have a great week, I love you sooooo much
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Highlights from Elder Maller's voice recorded letter
- It was a great week in the Marco Paz zone. We held our first zone conference and it was awesome.
- There is such a drive in the mission right now to teach an baptize everyone we come in contact with.
- President is pushing everyone to work hard and to invite everyone to hear the message of the gospel.
- We spent most of the week doing divisions, which is really fun. We have 12 companionship's in the zone so we get to do divisions every week. All the missionaries in the zone are awesome and work hard.
- President said that if we achieve our baptismal goal that he will treat the mission to a small party, which would be fun.
- Every thing is going great in the mission, I'm so happy to be on the mission right now.
Monday, February 5, 2018
Highlights from Elder Maller's recorded message.
- This week was transfers. I said good bye to my district and hello to my new area. Me and Elder Sultan are serving as Zone Leaders in the Marco Paz zone.
- We had a great first week together.
- We, along with the mission president, the assistants and a few other zone leaders got to go to an EFY that is currently being held for the youth in Buenos Aires. We got to go and provide some workshops on missionary work. It was such a fun day!
- We were able to find a few more investigators this week and we should be seeing some of them enter the waters of baptism very soon.